“User Interface” can be divided into two phases in website/application/software development:
1. Research + Design | 2. Development
• Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique. • Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and associated design tools.
• Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to clearly articulate design decisions with stakeholders and development teams.
• Understanding of common software development practices.
• Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, and ability to grasp complex, nuanced product requirements.
• Collaborating on user experience planning and researching interaction design trends. • Researching technology trends.